Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Flowers - I Crush Bozo



"I Crush Bozo" was the fifth studio album from this Virgina Noise Rock Duo - Happy Flowers which was released in july 1988 by Homestead Records in audio cassette format. First of all, the songs are much more musical than before, with the duo just as likely to perform an actual repeated piece of pseudo-melody as their usual dissonant high-pitched awfulness. The title of the album speaks to that world of childhood fear, as does this entire album. An unquestionable American original, who else but Happy Flowers could come up with songs like "Old Relatives," "My Frisbee Went Under a Lawnmower," "I Saw My Picture on a Milk Carton," and "They Cleaned My Cut out With a Wire Brush"? Yes, Mr. Anus and Mr. Horribly Charred Infant (aka, two nice University of Virginia students named John Beers and Charlie Kramer) scrape and pound and howl like only keen heavy metal fans with a great sense of theater could. This album features several tracks whose concepts are taken to such a deranged, horrifying extreme that you might seriously have nightmares about them (particularly backed as they are by such seasick instrumentation). Well, this was the finest Happy Flowers release available in musical form, if you're into the music, it would be a worth colected album.

Download Happy Flowers - I Crush Bozo full album

No comments: